Tuesday, April 24, 2012

An Unfinished House

We've been renovating for years now. Not all on one house - we're up to house number 3 which means renovation number 3. I'm passionate about my home and enjoy seeing the final product of a project we've been working on. But, we are yet to finish a house 100%. House number 1 was our introduction to DIY renovating and it got us hooked but it was a very small house (quaint is how I prefer to describe it) and with our first baby on his way we needed something bigger. Rather than extend we decided to make the move to a larger house. House number 2 was beautiful. It was a gorgeous sandstone bungalow that needed some TLC. We made some minor changes - mainly all cosmetic and nothing too major. But, after 12 short months, we just didn't feel like we were "home". So, along came House number 3. We've been here for 10 years now and have completed major renovations. I love my it here and feel "at home". However, the renovations are on going and have been for the whole 10 years we have lived here. Even though we have done so much work, there is still quite a lot to do. Some would disagree with this - our home is lovely just the way it is but I have so many ideas swirling around in my head and want to make them happen. Decorating is my passion - always has been and always will be and for this reason I don't think our home will ever really be "finished". Stay tuned ......

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone always thinks it's never finished!! That's why renovating always blows the budget right. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, put some photos up here . . .you've got so much to share!! lovT

    ReplyDelete